We Are Hiring
Position: Lost+Found Brewhouse Manager
Contract Type: Permanent / 42.5 hours per week
Location: Horsham, West Sussex.
Lost+Found is a modern, vibrant brewery. We strive to make the best beer we can to the highest standards possible. We do this within a culture where everyone is respected, included, and encouraged to contribute. We have a commitment to learning + development and believe that if we all work as a team, have fun and strive to improve standards then ultimately everyone benefits, and of course it’s more fun along the way.
We are looking for a brewhouse manager that will fit into this ethos and help to push this ideal further. You will be passionate about beer, know how to run a brewhouse, and have strong leadership skills in order to organise and inspire the team. An ability to communicate effectively is essential and you will have attention to detail when it comes to both future planning and keeping records.
In short you will be responsible for all aspects of brewing & fermentation, management of brewhouse staff as well as the upkeep of brewhouse equipment.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Act as the first point of contact for all enquiries related to the production of beer.
· Have a solid brewing knowledge and be able to brew in order to cover periods when the brewery is short staffed due to illness or annual leave.
• Design and implement a thorough brewhouse production schedule in line with production requirements.
· Responsible for ensuring that production forecasts are met. This involves working closely with the operations manager so that production requirements are planned for and delivered on time.
· Deliver and manage a staff appraisal scheme.
· Overall responsibility for staffing of the brewery including staff rota. Arrange for overtime or late cover as required; recruitment of new staff and temporary cover as needed.
· Project managing brewhouse quarterly plans.
· Provide timely and accurate reports to the Managing Director on core aspects related to beer production on a monthly basis.
· Keep an accurate record of inventory for stock and sundries, maintaining correct levels. This includes malts, hops, yeast, kegs, chemicals and other frequent use items that are essential to the production of beer.
· Ensure all brewhouse equipment is kept in good working order; plan maintenance schedules and oversee the fixing/repair of broken items.
· Oversee the sanitation and cleanliness of the brewhouse ensuring Health & Safety regulations and Food Hygiene Standards are met.
• Liaise with the Head of Packaging to arrange all small pack days run smoothly on site.
Preferred 2 years managerial experience.
Preferred 3-5 years brewery experience and/or a related higher-level qualification.
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closes on the 30th July. Good luck.